2020 has been a rollercoaster year. It was pretty challenging, to say the least, and if I’m being honest I’d say that I’m extremely proud of how resilient I’ve become.
Here are a few things that I learnt in 2020 :
1. You can Do anything You want – I’ve developed this Can Do attitude over the months in 2020, no longer am I shying away from tasks but I’m taking each challenge as we go along. I’ve learnt to do so much in this pandemic. One thing I’ve learnt was that of my nails. I’m enjoying doing my nails at home. I’ve saved a lot and I plan on continuing.
2. Asking for Help – It’s okay to ask for help. It doesn’t mean you’re weak but this proves that while you Can there’s someone out there who can give that added push that you’ll always need.
3. Family is Everything: This pandemic forced a lot of people to find out who their family was. People can now see who they’re married to what kind of children did they bring into the world etc, This pandemic allowed me time to learn certain nuisances about my partner as well as showed me that family is important.
4. I’m not a Patient person: Teachers deserve all the salary that they ask for and then some. I hated zoom classes, yes there were good days but the tedious operation of the zoom classes was just too much. The teachers who conducted the classes have the level of patience that I can only dream of achieving.
5. Being A Stay at Home mom is not something I’d ever want to do. I lift my hats off to every stay at home mom out there. You all are super heroes. The many nuisances that happens with being a stay at home mom I am not built for. Give me the briefcase I’ll bring home the bacon. The tasks are too tedious and cumbersome.
6. It’s Ok to say No. No is not a bad word. Saying No without further elaborations is good.
7. You Need an Outlet – This in the form of friends, a blog, and or a diary. Your mental health is very important and you have to take care of yourself. It’s always good to share with your friends about a problem that you’re having. Built-up anger and all sort of emotions can eat away at your well being.
8. There is no I in Team. I’ve hated working in groups since college. Working in teams has been a challenge and through the year I’ve realized that the saying “The Chain is as strong as it’s the weakest link ” is true.
9. Rest: Rest is very important. Getting 8 hours of sleep does wonders for your body and mental state.
10. Exercise: It’s important to keep active. I haven’t been as active over the months and I’m paying for it. I took for granted moving about climbing stairs or walking to get something at the store for granted. I’ve changed this and going into the new year I want to commit at least 30 minutes a day to some form of exercise.
11. Saving: I’ve saved a lot and from that habit of saving I was able to take myself out of a few gutters. Thankfully we’ve made it to the 30th day of December. Bill collectors aren’t knocking at my door. It’s important to have a proper budget. See my tips here.
12. Spending time with family and Friends: It took the lockdown to make me realize how much I needed a break just to relax and destress. Take the time you need to relax.
13. Reading: I saw someone share on social media how many books they’ve read in 2019 and I was impressed because that person had a busy schedule ,mom and business and found the time to read. I took the challenge, gave myself 5 books to read. I checked today on GoodReads I have read a total of 15 books in 2020. Reading gives a different perspective on life. It’s also fun.
16. Treat Yourself: You’ve worked hard accomplished a few goals it’s okay to treat yourself to something that you’ve always wanted. It will do you the world of good.
17. Birthdays: Birthdays are very important. This is your day and your day only. Make it special for you. Don’t wait on someone to make it special for you.
18. Work : I love work. At least I have a love hate relationship for work 😆. Who else gets to work from home and calls their boss to let them know that you want to come in an extra day. I love work, I love what I do.
19. I’m Spoilt: I knew this all along 😆. I’m very picky about everything and I’m easily annoyed. I know what I want and if you can’t give it ,I get it myself.
20. It’s Ok to Start Over: Things happened in 2020 that has made me realize that life is not perfect. I’m in control of my destiny. I can always rip the page out start a new chapter and move forward. Yes, human nature will make you feel disappointed but instead of holding onto that feeling give thanks for the experience and the lessons learned. Chances are you’ll never make the same mistakes again. Always have a positive outlook on things.
How was your 2020?
What stood out for you?
Did you learn anything new?
Until Next Post,
2 thoughts on “20 Lessons- 2020 My Year in Review”
This was a year of family for me 😊 it was a time of realization that spending time together and loving each other should never be taken for granted.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Family is everything 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person