Stay Safe! Until Next Post…
Stay Safe! Until Next Post…
Love, that four letter word that means different things to different people. For me, love is a verb; Valentine’s Day is not just for couples it may have been marketed and commercialized as such and some may find themselves more lonely than ever if they’re no significant other to send you roses and or chocolate.
Get your own roses and chocolate. No it’s not pathetic or conceited. Before you can love anyone else you have to first love you. It’s perfectly fine to treat yourself how you want to be treated eventually if Mr or Mrs Right were to come along.
Virtual Party: Call the girlfriends and have that kareoke party sing your hearts out and just have fun. It’s better than sitting at home feeling lonely and or sorry for yourself.
Send Gifts : If you have a favorite charity why not send a love token. You can also send a love gift to a children’s home or the Cancer ward at St. Jude’s. Whatever you can put a smile on someone’s face it will make you feel better.
Self Care: A quiet evening at home,music ,wine and or your favorite movie snuggle up and relax. Give yourself a Mani and pedi self care is the best form of I love you. Gents don’t feel left out get yourself that PS5 , golf clubs that Car whatever it is that you want and able to afford. Spoil yourself. You are your first priority.
Don’t let coupled up social media make you feel less than. I’ve been doing the buying myself a gift from I was single.
Happy Valentine’s Day !
Until Next Post,
Podcasts are my favorite things to listen to these days. I am currently hooked on five in no particular order. Here’s why I think you should listen:
Oprah’s Supersoul Conversations: This podcast is narrated by Ophrah herself which if you are a fan or love listening to her you will understand and know that her voice is strong and very commanding. Her podcast is that pick me up that you want to hear first thing when you get up in the morning. This podcast allows you to tackle and answer life’s big problems and brings you closer to your best self. Listen here
Dead Ass with Khadeen and Devale Ellis: Love Sex Marriage raising kids. This podcast is very relatable it talks about the taboo things that people don’t talk about a lot. I love the relationship between the two and a married woman and mother I can relate to some of the problems that married couples face on a daily. In my head, they’re that married couple that you call to share concerns and just catch up with. Listen here
Redirection with Terri-Karelle: Have you always thought that your life would be a certain way, you set the plans, school, perfect job, perfect boyfriend/husband, kids, the house, and the car. Yet, life has a way of throwing you curveballs. You may get the perfect job but cant gets the perfect husband and vice versa. Redirection talks about rejection being that epiphany for you to unlock your truest potential. Things may never go as planned but how you tackle these changes will determine how you move forward. Terri’s guests are very engaging that you will be left realizing that you have what it takes to tackle the problems and live your truest potential giving you the confidence that is needed. Listen here
Tami Tackles Everything : as the name suggests Tami tackles everything, marriage, parenting and life. It’s refreshing to hear her take on the topics with the different guests she host on each episode. The topics are relatable and they will give insights causing you to think about changing your mindset and attitude towards change.Tami is a fun listen bonusfor me is catching her with famly on their Youtube Channel – Meet the Mitchells . Listen here
Girls Gotta Eat : My guilty pleasure. Ashley and Rayna are my BFFs in my head. I love this podcast. I started listening to podcasts in 2019 when I was travelling. Rayna and Ashley kept me occupied on those long flights. They are fun to listen to, I get the girl’s night out feeling whenever I listen, they talk about dating, sex and relationships raw unfiltered truth. I love it, I can binge all day. Listen here
Do you listen to Podcasts? Did I list any of your favorites? Comment your favorite Podcasts I am always looking for recommendations.
Until Next Post,
It’s the season of Love and we all could use some tips on making the most of the day; especially if you’re a busy mom and wife like me. My husband and I, have been together for seven (7) years. We have conflicting schedules and while we try to manage our day to day life every now and then we are greatful for the time we do get to spend together just us two. I was chatting with some friends in my wife group on Facebook and the question came up. What are some unique ways we can spend time with our significant other on Valentines Day especially in a pandemic.
Here are some ideas of how you can spend the day. Valentines Day this year will be on a Sunday; most persons will not have work on that day so the day can start off early.
1. Bring that Vacation Idea to Your Home – A Dream of mine is to visit Paris, Dubai and Bali one day. Whereever it is you have plans as a couple get creative and create that perfect atmosphere where you both can indulge in the cuisine and attractions. If you need inspiration there is always Pinterest and Youtube.
2. Home Cooked Meal – What’s that one dish you have always wanted to try out? You and your significant other can prepare a meal together. This allows you both to spend that well-needed quality time and also gives the other who is the one who is always cooking a break. Bring out your favorite bottle of wine, music and enjoy the moment.
3. Games Night – Are you a competitive pair grab that PS5 and challenge him to a game. Call in some take out and have fun. The aim is not to win but a chance for you both to unwind and relax.
4.Plan A Day Trip – Sundays are for Brunch. Plan a nice outdoor activity away from the hustle and bustle taking into consideration COVID-19 is very much present. Have a picnic at the park, go to a private beach. The outdoor will do you both some good.
5. Couples Massage – Most spas are offering this service to their clients who may not have the chance to come to them. Call and book your favorite masseuse to get chocolate and champagne. Your significant other will love you for it. If funds are limited get creative and offer the services yourself, the point is to ensure that both you and your partner are relaxed and spending quality uninterrupted time together.
6. Watch A Movie – Catch up your latest series. Netflix and Chill. 😉
7. Paint and Sip : Sign up for a Paint and Sip session. They’re several small classes that can accomodate you both. You can make a small gathering out of it if you book with other couples.
8. Online Dance Lessons: Can you do Tango, Pole Dance, Salsa. They’re various options online to sign up with your spouse. It will be fun.
9. Attend a Virtual Party – Grab your best outfit purchase a link to a virtual concert. We are still in a pandemic but that doesn’t mean we aren’t able to indulge in some good music by your favourite R&B Singer.
10. Reflect – This pandemic has hit most people very hard. Some persons have gotten pay cuts and job loss. If you’re not able to even purchase any gifts. Focus on the reasons why you still love your partner and tell them. Just the thought counts. Help them around the house, with the kids. Take a long shower together, relax knowing that against all odds you still have each other.
How will you be spending Valentines Day?
If you are Single you can still try and make the day great. Have fun just knowing you are loved and appreciated and I am happy that you are still around.
Stay Safe. Until Next Post,
A few years ago, I went to a woman’s conference.This was my first time attending and it was hosting its second staging. A very good friend of mine went to the first and told me how awesome, it was and no matter what I just couldn’t miss the second.
I was excited I wanted to experience this conference my friend made it seem as if it transformed her life. There were speakers from various backgrounds, judges, entrepreneurs, bankers very powerful and esteemed women of society. I thought to myself how could these women relate to me? I listened to them took notes until this Marketing executive came on the stage. Her topic “I AM”.
Two words, that I’ve never thought so much about resonated with me and the audience who was moved by her story.
Your I AM is very powerful, those two words can either make you or break you. 2020 was rough, many people did not make it thankfully you’re here. I AM two words that can shape your reality, based on what words you place after it. If you want to achieve anything in life you have to affirm yourself. You are the most important factor in the equation. For you to get up out of bed, you first have to decide whether or not you want to get out of bed. So too, with anything else that you want to achieve this year. You have to decide.
When you get up in the morning, after you’ve had your devotions if you’re a religious person, yoga whatever you do to relax and be at peace with yourself you need to affirm yourself. Record yourself if that’s easier for you to work with and play it while you’re preparing breakfast. What’s your I AM?
I AM strong
I Am loved
I Am Important
I Am Handsome
I Am Beautiful
I Am an overcomer
Affirming yourself every day allows you to build your self-esteem as well as build your character. You will be more confident which will make you feel like you can take on any task that is given to you. Affirming yourself is good for your mental health. Your I Am is your superpower. Try it!
Until Next Post,
It’s the 4th day of 2021. We’ve talked about Vision Boarding and how they’ve helped me to visualize my life over the years. Today I want to share three (3) self-help tips that you will need to visualize your dreams in 2021.
Here are a few tips to help you to create and attract the life you want:
1.Make yourself a priority:Stay in bed all day,painting your nails, doing make up, watching Youtube videos, or simple doing nothing at all. Focus on you and your mental being. Taking care of yourself is paramount. Once you’re energized and motivated you will be motivated to achieve all your goals.
2.Decluttering: Your mental health is very important. If it doesn’t bring you joy let it go. Cutting ties with everything that consistently hurts you as well as being prepared to cut off that part of you that allows that kind of hurt. You are well on your way to realizing your dreams. A freeing spirit allows you to excel and believe that you can achieve anything.
3.Create Boundaries: In 2021 we want everyone to know that although we love them we can do so from a distance. Creating boundaries allows you to breathe. It’s ok to say no, to that request. In 2021 let’s say no without giving unnecessary explanations as to why we’re saying no. Explanations open room for the other party to play on your emotions which will make you end up saying yes to something you truly didn’t want to in the first place.
I hope these tips will provide clarity, and you will achieve everything you’ve set out to for 2021 and beyond.
Until Next Post,