It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Cues my Andy Williams voice .
One of the harshest realities that hit close to home is that not everyone is as fortune as I am to still have my day job with no loss in benefits. In true Christmas spirit amidst the hustle and bustle of getting the gifts and the whole shebang let us remember those persons who lost their jobs or suffered pay cuts during this pandemic.
I want you to consider the following in giving back. Christmas ,the true meaning is about giving love and sharing hope.
1. Give to your favourite Charities.
2. Prepare meals and give to the homeless.
3. Donate the things you no longer need.
4. Reach out to the nearest community centre or church and volunteer to help out at a soup kitchen.
5. When you’re going shopping pick up and extra item and put a care package for that neighbor or family who is trying to make ends meet.
6. Check in on that elderly person down the road. Not many people can be around their loved ones right now. ( remember Covid-19 protocols)
7. Check in on that family member/friend whom you may think has it all together. The truth is a lot of persons are overwhelmed with everything that is happening and it’s really the thought that counts.
8. Remember the child at the children’s home when you’re going toy shopping ; or you can donate the toys that your child no longer plays with.
What are some of the things we can do to give back this Christmas?
The days are moving by so fast how is it Day 3 already?
According to Dictionary.com :
an accessory, article, or detail used to beautify the appearance of something to which it is added or of which it is a part:
Have you ever wondered how something so small, or bigger, different can make a bland Christmas tree light up the world? I’ve never thought about this before. As I sit in my living room looking at how absolutely beautiful the ornaments have added such liveliness in my home I’m in awe. The different shapes the various accessories everything has added there own oomph to my tree.
Now, where am I going with this you might ask ? YOU, ME, WE are the ornaments that can make this bland world a better place. We are all unique in our own little way. Different personalities, lives,we add that needed exuberance into this chaotic and hectic world. We were hand picked to add VALUE . Be of value to this world. Choose to be the best you , you can be. If you’ve not yet picked out your color scheme or you’re going to wing it , I’m sure you’ll think differently about the ornaments you choose to add that oomph to your Christmas tree. Please have fun while doing so. I wish I had taken stages of my decorating but I’ll share the final product.
P.S I mentioned I was going with the white,gold and silver decor but when shopping I added a little red and green to the mix and wallah I have a very full looking tree.
I’m so excited 🙂 it’s the first day of Christmas. It’s time to pull out the Christmas tree and the decorations. Whatever you need to do it’s time to get into the groove of things. I am pretty much ecstatic, Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love the music, the food, family and friends coming together and don’t forget the presents, yes the presents I look forward to the presents each year and that’s why I am starting Blogmas this year with my Christmas Wishlist:
Samsung Galaxy S5E – I am currently using my phone to blog and so I want to opt for a tablet which will give me the option and ability to utilize more functions. It can be really tedious using my phone and so after several searches and watching reviews on YouTube I have settled for this tablet.
2. Pandora (Everything) – I love Pandora and some new charms , a pair of earrings and a necklace would be nice.
3. SPA DAY – I haven’t been to the spa since February. I have been cooped up at home except the days I actually go into work. A well needed day of relaxing and pampering would be great . A day away from the cries and screams of a needy toddler, zoom class and just regular mom stuff. A me day is not so bad, is it. A day with my girlfriends chatting about anything except what was the homework, what’s for dinner and the many demands I face daily.
4. Gym Membership – three months is good and from there we will see. You would think running behind a toddler and more housework was cardio , the extra weight is showing up. I had a medical scare earlier this year and unfortunate for me the side effects to one of the meds came with weight gain. The truth I wouldn’t change anything I feel much better thankfully and its time to shed that extra few lbs. This is not just some new year resolution wish its the get back to a healthier looking me.
5. If you’ve read this far my final wish is for you all to just continue to be safe. Covid-19 has turned our lives upside down and most of us are struggling mentally as we are not accustomed to this new norm. We haven’t seen our families and friends in a while we miss going out, we miss the gatherings. It’s a lot, I too have been affected but I am still around and I am grateful for that. Remember to wear your mask, social distance and sanitize every chance you get.
Side Note: What are your Christmas décor colors ? I am leaning towards Gold ,White and silver. I have already put together my Idea Board on Pinterest and can’t wait to see what I come up with. We have a small Christmas tree just right for our little apartment. Do you use Pinterest for ideas? What do you use for inspiration?
Have yourself a wonderful and Happy Christmas and I hope that your hopes and dreams will come through.