It’s my favorite season of the year, I’m looking forward to sharing with you all.
Blogmas this year is expecting to be different as I hope all being well I will be blogging from a different time zone. I’m looking forward to sharing my experiences on this new journey that I am ready to embark.
You are welcome to join in on the fun. Share your stories using the #BlogmaswithDee. Blogmas officially starts December 1st right up to Christmas Day. 🎄
Are you excited for Blogmas? What are you looking forward to doing?
It’s crazy how sometimes you feel as if things are just not going the way you want them to. You pay your bills on time, you take care of your family, water the plants, feed the cats. Somehow you are left to find yourself sitting down looking out in oblivion. Your innermost thoughts are trapped inside wanting to scream. You catch your breath, you wipe the tears, closing your eyes just wishing this feeling of hopelessness would go away.
Somebody anybody, when will it be my turn. You’re doing everything by the books, you pay your goddamn taxes, you have no tickets, you help your neighbor carry her groceries, but,you just can’t catch a break.
Sally* my friend decided to vent to me just now-Text message notification on my phone interrupted her thoughts –
” I miss you- JD”
Why now? It’s been (6) months after that messy breakup, the breakup of the century, breakup in a pandemic. We warned her but she didn’t listen, he is tall, athletic, has a successful business, the sex was great but; he had a bad temper. Things didn’t work out, he cheated on her.
Sally, is one of my closest friends and it has been a rough couple of months for her.
“I’m not going back there, nope. I’ve moved on. It has been a long and hard journey but I’m in a better place right now. I am up for a promotion at work and there’s no time to get caught up with great sex JD. “
Being single at Christmas time in a pandemic is different. There are days when she feels as if the world is going to end, days like today when she feels overwhelmed. She has to remind herself of the goal. She has a plan and she will stick to it. She’s now focused on things that were ignored in the past.
How do you cope at Christmas time as a single person?
I’ve been thinking about changing my name to something different. I will still review books but, I also like to write about random none book-related things. This blog is of course my E-Diary.
How do you guys feel about musingsbyDee? I want to broaden my niche on this blogosphere. I’m pretty excited about it and I am looking forward to sharing more on my blog. I’ve already started by changing the username. In the coming days, I will be doing some more work on my blog. I’m trying to make a smooth transition so bare with me and I hope you’ll stick around.
Have you ever thought about changing your name? What was that like? How did it affect your blog?
It’s that time of year again when the office is buzzing with excitement for those especially who are still going to work. HR has given everyone to pick their secret Santa’s the budget is $50.00.
Today I’ll be sharing with you some gifts that you can give this Christmas under $50.00.
It’s also important if you can find out if you’re not aware find out what the person you’re treating likes without letting out any clues. Just incase you’re not able to let’s look at some practical gift options that most people will like :
1. Gift Certificate: This gift is as practical as it gets and you can’t go wrong with a gift certificate to someone’s favorite store Bath and Body Works, Amazon, Sephora, Lowes, Target,Walmart or the Spa.
2. Planner Set – There are some really cool Daily Planners out there. Planners run as low as $10.00 however ensure that you also get some planner accessories to put with that $10 planner. Some of my favorite Daily Planners are : Kit Life Daily (I have a $5 coupon code if you purchase) ,Bloomplanners, Cleverfox
3. Personalized Cups– Most if not all persons in the office loves coffee. Get your secret Santa a personalized Starbucks mug, coffee cups their own coffee maker. Amazon has some good ones under $50 with amazing reviews.
4. Gadgets – Portable chargers are always useful. I saw some neat 4-in1 desk charger on Amazon that would be a special gift. You can always add a nice airpod case.
5. Plush Slippers, Robe or Throw Blanket – it’s going to get chillier in the coming days for most part of the world some places are already experiencing snowfall. A nice cosy set is nice for a female gift.
6. A bonus gift would be a subscription box – There several subscription boxes that are having specials going on that you can purchase. If your Secret Santa is a Book Lover – BOTM, Makeup – Ipsy,BoxyCharm, BirchBox there’s also Sprezza box and Gentleman Club for the gents.
What are some gift ideas you can think of for someone whose looking for something to get their secret Santa?
Grab your blankets and your hot cocoas, egg nog, wine or coffee. Let’s talk about some of the movies that will definitely get you into the mood for Christmas. Netflix has some good ones that I’ve watched over and over again. The Princess Switch, Christmas Chronicles 1 & 2, Home Alone are really fun to watch.
These are some of my favorites:
1. Home A Lone (1,2&3)– funny and nostalgic home alone is bound to have you laughing in stitches. Kevin ( the main character) thinks of ways to prevent his home from being vandalized.
2. The Knight before Christmas.
3. A Wish for Christmas
4. The Princess Switch.
7. The Christmas Chronicles
8.A Christmas Prince
10.The Best man Holiday
Most if not all are on Netflix. Did you see any of your favorites? What are some must watch Christmas movie?