Stay Safe! Until Next Post…
Stay Safe! Until Next Post…
It’s the season of Love and we all could use some tips on making the most of the day; especially if you’re a busy mom and wife like me. My husband and I, have been together for seven (7) years. We have conflicting schedules and while we try to manage our day to day life every now and then we are greatful for the time we do get to spend together just us two. I was chatting with some friends in my wife group on Facebook and the question came up. What are some unique ways we can spend time with our significant other on Valentines Day especially in a pandemic.
Here are some ideas of how you can spend the day. Valentines Day this year will be on a Sunday; most persons will not have work on that day so the day can start off early.
1. Bring that Vacation Idea to Your Home – A Dream of mine is to visit Paris, Dubai and Bali one day. Whereever it is you have plans as a couple get creative and create that perfect atmosphere where you both can indulge in the cuisine and attractions. If you need inspiration there is always Pinterest and Youtube.
2. Home Cooked Meal – What’s that one dish you have always wanted to try out? You and your significant other can prepare a meal together. This allows you both to spend that well-needed quality time and also gives the other who is the one who is always cooking a break. Bring out your favorite bottle of wine, music and enjoy the moment.
3. Games Night – Are you a competitive pair grab that PS5 and challenge him to a game. Call in some take out and have fun. The aim is not to win but a chance for you both to unwind and relax.
4.Plan A Day Trip – Sundays are for Brunch. Plan a nice outdoor activity away from the hustle and bustle taking into consideration COVID-19 is very much present. Have a picnic at the park, go to a private beach. The outdoor will do you both some good.
5. Couples Massage – Most spas are offering this service to their clients who may not have the chance to come to them. Call and book your favorite masseuse to get chocolate and champagne. Your significant other will love you for it. If funds are limited get creative and offer the services yourself, the point is to ensure that both you and your partner are relaxed and spending quality uninterrupted time together.
6. Watch A Movie – Catch up your latest series. Netflix and Chill. 😉
7. Paint and Sip : Sign up for a Paint and Sip session. They’re several small classes that can accomodate you both. You can make a small gathering out of it if you book with other couples.
8. Online Dance Lessons: Can you do Tango, Pole Dance, Salsa. They’re various options online to sign up with your spouse. It will be fun.
9. Attend a Virtual Party – Grab your best outfit purchase a link to a virtual concert. We are still in a pandemic but that doesn’t mean we aren’t able to indulge in some good music by your favourite R&B Singer.
10. Reflect – This pandemic has hit most people very hard. Some persons have gotten pay cuts and job loss. If you’re not able to even purchase any gifts. Focus on the reasons why you still love your partner and tell them. Just the thought counts. Help them around the house, with the kids. Take a long shower together, relax knowing that against all odds you still have each other.
How will you be spending Valentines Day?
If you are Single you can still try and make the day great. Have fun just knowing you are loved and appreciated and I am happy that you are still around.
Stay Safe. Until Next Post,
Strong-willed, headstrong, independent, thorough are just a few things that people used to describe her.
Deborah or “Deb” was a go-getter, tell it like it is and she knew exactly what she wanted. She was the town’s Seamstress and owned a small boutique store. She had everything except the ring on her finger.Every relationship ended because of heated disagreements. Her only friend Kacy was someone whom she had been friends with from high school. They weren’t always friends but with so many encounters and annoying similarities between the two, they became very good friends.
They lived in a small town where everyone knew each other’s names and nothing was ever a secret. Patty and and Karla were her neighbors, they looked out for her and were awesome babysitters for her two children Mia three (3) and Joshua five (5) years old .
It was a Thursday afternoon, in Dunkirk. She had just gotten in from work when she found the package on her porch. There was no return address and it was addressed to her. Fear, anxiety, washed her as she tried to figure out who could have sent her this strange package. The kids were with Patty and she got home earlier than expected, they’d be at the park so she figured she’d open it before she had any company.
She hurriedly went to the kitchen pulled out the package opener and there she saw in big bold letters….
To be Continued….
Until Next Post…
It’s funny as things seemed to be going great for my blog weird things starts to happen. I finally got some time to check out my favorite blogs, engage and check out the latest happenings.
I’m shocked to learn that I’m no longer able to view my followers. I am not sure if anyone is still here. If you’re still around I’d appreciate it if you not only liked this post but also comment.
I’m just going to take this as an opportunity to start over. Life happens I guess. I have so many things planned out for this blog/website. I’m currently working on my logo and the whole look and feel of it. I’m excited and I can’t wait for you all to see it.
Until Next Post….
It’s crazy how sometimes you feel as if things are just not going the way you want them to. You pay your bills on time, you take care of your family, water the plants, feed the cats. Somehow you are left to find yourself sitting down looking out in oblivion. Your innermost thoughts are trapped inside wanting to scream. You catch your breath, you wipe the tears, closing your eyes just wishing this feeling of hopelessness would go away.
Somebody anybody, when will it be my turn. You’re doing everything by the books, you pay your goddamn taxes, you have no tickets, you help your neighbor carry her groceries, but,you just can’t catch a break.
Sally* my friend decided to vent to me just now-Text message notification on my phone interrupted her thoughts –
” I miss you- JD”
Why now? It’s been (6) months after that messy breakup, the breakup of the century, breakup in a pandemic. We warned her but she didn’t listen, he is tall, athletic, has a successful business, the sex was great but; he had a bad temper. Things didn’t work out, he cheated on her.
Sally, is one of my closest friends and it has been a rough couple of months for her.
“I’m not going back there, nope. I’ve moved on. It has been a long and hard journey but I’m in a better place right now. I am up for a promotion at work and there’s no time to get caught up with great sex JD. “
Being single at Christmas time in a pandemic is different. There are days when she feels as if the world is going to end, days like today when she feels overwhelmed. She has to remind herself of the goal. She has a plan and she will stick to it. She’s now focused on things that were ignored in the past.
How do you cope at Christmas time as a single person?
To be continued….
Until Next Post
I’ve been thinking about changing my name to something different. I will still review books but, I also like to write about random none book-related things. This blog is of course my E-Diary.
How do you guys feel about musingsbyDee? I want to broaden my niche on this blogosphere. I’m pretty excited about it and I am looking forward to sharing more on my blog. I’ve already started by changing the username. In the coming days, I will be doing some more work on my blog. I’m trying to make a smooth transition so bare with me and I hope you’ll stick around.
Have you ever thought about changing your name? What was that like? How did it affect your blog?
Until Next Post